Thursday, January 31, 2013

It is super hard to title blog posts. Like harder than naming a child.

This week has been full of super cold, snowy, wet weather. With two active little kidlets, this Momma had to get creative. I felt like super-mom and built a huge fort in our living room.  



Todd was all concerned about bookshelves smashing kids, but I was cautious. Nobody got smashed.

Todd drove our Subaru to work all week, so I was pretty stranded. Max and I walked Autumn to preschool on Tuesday and only almost died a few times. He thought he was in snow heaven though. He kept yelling SNOW! YAY! IDIDIT! Like he was somehow responsible for making it snow. PS, if you like Max's hat, check out thatyarngirl.blogspot.com. Her stuff is awesome, custom, and super affordable.


We had a few serious snuggle fests. Autumn adores her brother and can't understand why he doesn't always want her to squeeze, kiss and love on him.

 I drove up with my Mom and Sister to Layton to have lunch with my Sister in Law Karen for her birthday. Todd texted me earlier in the day and said the roads would be fine. He was wrong. It was terrifying. Sarah took this picture and sent it to him out of spite.

Max decided to be all grown up and climb out of his crib. I sent Autumn up to "surprise" him when he woke up from a nap and I heard her yell, "Uh, Mom. You'd better get in here" I go running into his room and there is is planking on the front bar of his crib. I somehow managed to catch him as he was falling. I was terrified and sad. He was so proud. He made me put him back in so he could climb out again. Boys.


 Last bit of news, I started working for a grill/smoker company called Traeger Grills. I am getting a loaner grill to use while I am helping on their site and posting some recipes for them. First up for the smoker are these lovely St. Louis Style ribs. Can't wait until Super Bowl Sunday!


 I would also like to add, me getting this job is, I believe, entirely Todd's fault. He has this thing about him where he pretty much always gets what he wants. Heavenly Father, the universe, Karma (whatever you please) really loves him. Todd has told me multiple times in the past two years that he really wants to get into true BBQ and learn how to smoke meats and create sauces. It always seemed out of reach, like a hobby we didn't have time for and couldn't afford. So what does the Higher Powers within our world do?? Gets me a job for a grill/smoker company who offers to give me a grill for free and pay me for learning how to use it. On top of that, this job opportunity was forwarded to me from a new neighbor that I met through an old neighbor. It is like Heavenly Father was planning for Todd to be happy and learn to smoke meats before Todd even knew that it would make him happy. Impressive, right? I am lucky to be married to a man who is clearly doing the right things in life to have so many good things come back around to him. I benefit by proxy. Smoked Ribs, here we come!!!

1 comment:

Team Beardshall said...

oh man, I am a fan of meats...especially smoked meats! Steve is such a meat snob (he went to texas on his mission), so you can imagine I am kind of excited about you posting recipes. Congrats. I LOVE the fort. I made Katy a fort building kit for christmas..which basically just consisted of me sewing ties on sheets and getting clips and such. You should go get some clamps from home depot...that should help to make things more stable. As always looks like you guys are living it up!