Thursday, January 3, 2013

Grandma Jean


We lost our sweet Grandma near the end of September and I just wanted to take a little minute to put some of my memories into words. Preserve them for future generations, especially my kids, as they won't have their own memories with her.

I feel so blessed that we lived with my Mom for 6 months this last year. We got to spend a lot of time with my Grandma from weekly visits to her Care Center or long afternoons filled with popsicles and naps when she came over for the day.

Autumn loved to visit with her "GG" and was always making her cards to take home.

My grandma was a beautiful lady inside and out. She cried with me after I miscarried a baby in between Autumn and Max. She laughed with my silly Autumn when she would sing and dance. She kissed my (then) little babe Max. Every time I went to her house to visit she was trying to give me a pair of shoes or a skirt. That lady had style.

I love my sweet Grandma and can't wait to see her again and meet my Grandpa on the other side. I'm sure Kylie is with them, getting her share of Grandma's opinions.

No comments: