Sunday, June 29, 2008

We're so spoiled!

So Todd and I decided to enjoy our last summer without kids and this month we were lucky enough to arrange some time to get away! Earlier in the month, the two of us just went on a little camping trip by ourselves. We just packed up the dog and the gear in the car and drove up to Todd's parents' cabin up the mountain. It was only for one night, but it was good to feel like we had actually gone somewhere.

As you can tell, we were both really excited to have our pictures taken while we were so dirty. haha.
We had a free weekend turn up, somehow, so we decided to steal Todd's parents' boat and take a last minute trip to the wonderful Lake Powell. Brandon, our nephew, was kind enough to drive down to join us. Simply put, it was a relaxing, wonderful weekend full of sunburns, fishing, sunburns, swimming, and other adventures. (No one was pulled behind the boat, reasons being laziness, pregnancy, no health insurance for Todd, and the boat wasn't exactly in excellent condition.) Turned out to be a great weekend and we simply cannot wait to get back!

I love Lake Powell!


Then, the weekend after that, I drove up to Salt Lake to spend some quality time with my Mom. I am so lucky that I could get away so much this month. The last trip to Salt Lake was the best, I wasn't responsible for packing any coolers with food or camping gear or anything! I just got to go up and relax. My mom is the best and she took great care of me! We finally started collecting some stuff for our little baby that's coming sooner than we probably realize... Thanks for everything Mom!

Anyways, I always have good excuses for not keeping up on my blog don't I? haha. This month is apparently no exception. Todd just finished school for the summer semester this week too, so maybe even more last minute trips will be on the way.

Speaking of trips, I'm looking forward to the Cowan campout this July!! WOO!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's great that you're doing so much this summer. The pictures are awesome. How's the mountain? I haven't bee there yet this summer.

Stacezulah said...

man. lucky you got to go to lake powell.. try to take me next time! haha. sheesh.

anyway.. I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOUR SITE WAS! i typed in just about everything until i eventually gave up and just hoped that someone would comment one of my blogs.