Sunday, July 13, 2008

Update!

So the past couple weeks have been pretty awesome and exciting, so I haven't done much blogging. The time really goes by so fast, I can't believe it's already mid-July! So, just a quick re-cap. My best friend Mallorie and her friend came down to visit us a couple weekends back and it was so good to see her! We've been close ever since high school and we moved down to Cedar together to start college. She moved back up to Salt Lake one year ago and left me the only one still here of our friends that came down together. Anyways, it was just great to have her come visit us and hang out for the weekend. I love her to death! We went to Groovefest (a music festival in Cedar) and just hung out... I definitely miss having my own friends. Now that we're married we have friends together, but neither of us really hang out with just our personal friends. So, that was great!


During that week, the 4th of July came around and it was really fun. Todd had to work, but was able to bring one of the guys he worked with to the parade and we spent the morning on the side of the road watching our nieces and nephews from Todd's side fighting for candy. We also got to watch our dog pick up what was left behind. I had to work that night, but the girls I work with all came off campus and we went to the local fireworks show together. It was a blast. It is still weird to me to be away from my family during any holidays, because they were such tradition in my family, but I talked to my Mom and got excited about going camping with everybody over the 24th.


Also during the week, the little boy that I've been working with for the past 2 and a half years at the Family Support Center left and won't be back until after we move up to Salt Lake. It was so hard for me to say goodbye! I've spent so much time with this boy, watching him grow and mature and change. He called me his Suni because it was too hard to say Susie... It was bittersweet to let him go. His leaving also meant my end at the Family Support Center. I'm still involved in some developmental programs and other things at the Center, but I don't actually work hours anymore. I've been there for a long time and it's felt like a second home to me, but it also feels nice to only have one job for the first time in a while. Anyways, I just wanted to post Nick's picture because I really do think about him all the time and I love and miss his smile!

1 comment:

Jackie Cowan said...

Loved the pictures of Nick, I know how much you care for him. It's nice to put a face to the stories. Can't wait to spend some time together on the 24th. Thanks for organizing this family fun time. I love you lots, and Todd thanks for your daily updates as well.
Mom Cowan