Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Mister Max!

The first phase of house building takes a crap-load of time. A few things are happening here and there. I feel like it is just enough to get us excited about everything until we remember that taking the wood supports out of the basement windows doesn't mean the house is ready to move in to. I don't have any good pictures right now. Todd took some, but they were from his phone and small and you can't see anything new anyways. The biggest news is that they put all of the framing wood out in our front yard. They also poured our basement floors and our garage pad. Things are indeed happening.

Want to know what is even better than building a house? This kid... and the size of my gums. Impressive, right? Max's 1st Birthday was Saturday and we had a super fun fishy birthday party at my parent's house.

Bubbles!
 

 I love this kid!


MeMa, Jodi, and Gabby came to the party. 

This one is getting saved for the wedding video. 

Fishy cake. Thanks Pinterest.

Fishy Cupcakes. My Mom and Mother in Law both stepped up to help me make these and it was super fun times. We laughed a lot as our fishies occasionally came out like porcipines (or melty blobs of frosting and m&ms)





 I think he liked the cake.



After the party (and a nap) we went to the Aquarium so Max could see fishies for real.

Look at these guys!

We looooove you Maximus! Thanks for picking our family and making us smile. We love all of your morning snuggles, open mouth kisses, bottomless stomach, and hilarious babbles. Happy First Birthday Mister!

1 comment:

Team Beardshall said...

Ha cute, can't believe that kid is seriously one. Love Pinterest, and I love it even more when I can actually make the time to sit down and make something I find on there....good on ya, the cake and cupcakes are awesome! Happy Birthday Buddy!