See?! Black stuff and window wells. WOOOOO!
Autumn is so excited to live in Lehi. A lot of family lives in Lehi and she thinks that it has got to be the best place ever.
Todd kept telling her to keep her eyes open for pictures. She really sucked at it.
Funny story: Todd and Autumn were walking around the front of the house when a truck pulled up behind them and a guy came running out towards them. Todd kicked into Daddy mode and stepped in front of Autumn as the stranger ran closer, and closer, and then right on past them... and into the Honey Bucket. So, they walked to the back of the house. You know, to give the guy some privacy. Gross. I hope they sanitize our sidewalk after they move that thing. I am kind of worried that the spirits of the Honey Bucket will haunt our house.
"Hey Todd, go stand next to that"
Today I bought some furniture to go in our future master bedroom. We have never owned night stands, in our five years of marriage. The price was right. We paid $40 for these crap-tastic nightstands and the armoire. So, I am doing some basic division and rounding uppish to $13 a piece.
Pretty F'ugly, right? I asked my Mom if she liked them. She said, "It is hard for me to get too excited about this old furniture because I already bought it 30 years ago." However, she followed it by an expression of good faith that I could turn them into something worth getting excited about.
This is the inside. Duh.
I got to use a saw and cut out the shelves and drawer inserts because we want to use it for our TV. I think Todd was equal parts terrified and excited to see me wielding an electric saw.
Ta Da! Here is the final piece. I love it so much!! It turned out exactly like I envisioned it. We spent about $25 on paint and primer, so $38 total cost. Not bad, eh?
Supposedly the framing should go up next week. So stay tuned! It will be awesome (for us).






1 comment:
Yes the Honey Bucket decontamination needs to be requested when that thing is removed!
The furniture looks great, its always nice to make things your own. For some reason, though I always want to paint everything....Steve thinks I'm crazy! But it's amazing what a little paint can do!
Post a Comment