Thursday, June 21, 2012

Todd wants to Christen our new house "The Honey Bucket"

Hey guys. Here's a blog post for you. Todd is going to try and motivate me to post on here more often, but let's be honest, that never really works. Imagine three laundry baskets full of clean clothes waiting to be put away sitting next to me on the bed. He tried to motivate me to put those away two days ago.

So, big things have been happening. Todd started a new job as a Controller at a company called Chrysalis at the first of March. We sold our house in Riverton shortly after that and moved into my parent's house. (Don't judge, they have a sweet house AND my Mom tells me what I should make for dinner every night, AND my Dad does the dishes. I never want to leave) Sadly, our stay here will be a short one. We are currently under construction in Lehi. That's right. Watch out Utah County. That there house is actually the reason I am starting up the old blog. We want to document the process, but we don't want to annoy every single person that has friend-ed us on Facebook (I'm talking to you, obscure junior high acquaintance) with pictures of each little step. This way, you can block us, or not follow us, and we won't know or be offended. (winking emoticon)

Here are some pictures of the process so far.
 As you can see, we are pretty much ready to move in. We have foundation walls to block the wind, a potty, and a Maverick within walking distance. I don't know why they are making us wait until October to move in.
 This is the back. Some windows and a 10 foot high pile of dirt.

 Look at my big baby! Oh, and cute Max is there too.
 We have windows. There goes my plans for a Murder Room in the basement (not soundproof enough)
 View from the back.
I am taking lots of pictures of our shadows facing the from the front of the house. Not artistic, I know.

Anyways, there it is for now! Hopefully we will see some framing go up within a couple weeks. Feel free to follow along our journey. If you don't, I won't feel bad. I know how jealous you can get.

1 comment:

Team Beardshall said...

Well I'm both impressed and entertained by your post! Welcome back to the blogging world. I'm excited to "join" you on your journey to your new house....looking good so far!