We were living in my parents' basement until the end of March when we bought our first little house! We moved in and got settled (well mostly... there aren't any boxes left to unpack, but some walls and rooms are still pretty bare, haha) and I got busy being a stay at home mama! Todd and I love guests and visitors and so throughout the year we have had friends and family galore coming to stay at our house and hang out with us. I have gotten really good at washing sheets and towels and making beds (takes me back to my Tropic housekeeping days).
Autumn has gone from laying down and spitting up to walking and talking all in just one year! She is the sweetest/sassiest little babe I have ever hung around. She is already talking back and telling me how it is... I can't wait until she is a teenager, shudder. We had her first birhtday party on the 24th of October and she got to dress up as a little witch and she loved her hat! She still loves hats, actually, and put pretty much anything on her head.
The end of this year was actually pretty difficult for my family. We lost my beautiful niece, Kylie. She passed away on the 19th of November and is missed every single day. I have a lifetime of memories with Kylie, I actually thought of her more as a sister than a niece since we were really close. I just love her so much and feel so lucky to have known her throughout her life. I got to sing at her funeral and Todd spoke. It was such a good experience to be able to do one last thing for her in this life and I can't wait until we can all be together again! Although her passing was probably the hardest thing I have experienced, I feel so strengthened knowing I will see her again and am so grateful for my wonderful family who has been together through all of this. We miss you, Kylie Rae...

We had a fun Thanksgiving at Grandma Jackie's this year and I didn't take any pictures.... Naturally. haha. But it was super delicious and we had a really good time.
Christmas came so fast this year! Toss was out of town for almost 2 weeks in the end of November and throughout December so we never really did anything to get us ready. I got our tree and decorations up, but that is about it. We usually go to see the Lights at Temple Square and see Santa at the Mall, and make gingerbread houses and snowmen. We did none of those things this year. We put lights up on our entryway, but Todd tried to fix one of the bulbs and ended up destroying the whole strand, so no lights either. Basically it was a failed pre-Christmas experience. Luckily, Christmas was a major success! We went to Grandma Jackie's for Christmas eve festivities and Autumn even got to visit Santa. She was so funny and wasn't scared at all! I think it was mostly because Santa had a candy cane and Autumn has a sweet tooth.
Here's Autumn with Claire
Great Grandma, Grandma and the Girls in their matching Jammies.
All the cousins who put on their jammies, They also got special Santa headlamps and Hula Hoops. It was such a fun night!I was so excited the few days before Christmas, I couldn't wait for Autumn to come out in the morning and see her presents. She just loved walking out and seeing her toys! It was so so so fun having a little one that understood presents and wrapping paper.
For New Years, we headed down to Bryce Canyon. My nephew Cameron was baptized on the 1st of January and it was so cool to get to head down and be a part of that... Bryce Canyon is so beautiful and feels like a second home to me, since I spent so many summers down there growing up. It was good to be with family again!
So basically, enormous amounts of joy and blessings this year as well as tragedy and sorrow... Luckily I have Todd and Autumn to help keep me grounded and remind me of how lucky I really am. It has been an eventful year and I am happy to start a new one and see what it brings us! Happy 2010 everybody!
1 comment:
It was quite a year! We are so glad you moved into our neck of the woods! We just love you and your family.
hugs!
Post a Comment