Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our baby is almost one!

I wanted to spend a few minutes and put into writing all of the wonderful things we love about Autumn. She'll be one on Saturday and I can't believe how fast this year has gone... We seriously love our little chunky monkey, and this past year has been the best of my life. So here are some reasons why:

-She makes you work before she rewards you with a smile or chuckle, so when she does it melts your heart.
-She loves her Daddy the most, when he goes to work on Monday morning she walks around the house yelling DA DA DA and looking in all of the rooms.
-She is a wonderful eater with a HUGE appetite!
-She had always slept so wonderfully.
-She travels really well, which is great for our many road trips down south.
-She is so smart and loves books more than any other toys. We can sit and read together for 45 minutes if I find enough books.
-The dog is her very best friend.
-She talks a bunch, Dog, Balloon, Ball, No, Mom, Dad, Up, What is it?, Milk, Cup, Get it, Cracker, Cute, Pretty, Uh-Oh, Hi! Baby, Bye... and more I can't think of right now.
-Her hair is darling in pigtails.
-She loves shoes (just like her mom). She has a basket in her room and she will pull out one at a time and try to put them on. I'm finding single shoes all over the house. She has also started this with the clothes in her drawer.
-Her song repertoire is quite impressive. She has actions for Popcorn Popping, Once there was a Snowman, Wheels on the Bus, I'm a Little Teapot, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Pat-a-cake, Head Shoulder Knees and Toes, 5 Little Ducks, and more. Singing is her favorite after reading.
-Her blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair is the most beautiful sight.
-I am always greeted with a smile and a big HI when I walk in to get her each morning.
-Overall she is just a bright, empowered little person. She is strong willed and as individual as they come. Always independent and happy to be learning and exploring. I just feel lucky when she wants to let me be a part.

Happy Birthday Autumn!! We love you so much!



















3 comments:

Laurel said...

She is an absolute doll.

Team Beardshall said...

Hey I just happened to run into your blog, so here I am, Autumn is so cute. I am telling you that the more time Katy can hang out with her the better, maybe we will be walking one of these days! So I totally think we need to hang out on New Years! So plan on it, Party!!!

Also I have had a blast working out with you sus, thanks for always making me laugh!

Alana said...

susie! your little girl is so so cute!!! hope you are doing well!