Thursday, August 14, 2008
while i'm on here...
I just wanted to get this out, because it is blowing my mind in a major way. I've been slowly coming to the realization the past week or so (thanks in part to my neighbors having their baby) that my belly is a baby. I mean logically I know this. She moves and kicks me pretty much all day and I have baby clothes and a crib and a car seat, but I just don't think I really get it yet. Will it ever catch up to me or will I spend her whole life a step behind? I've been weirded out by this concept of her being a baby and it's made me think alot about who she'll be. I have yet to spend much time thinking about her in any context other than my stomach, but the past few days I've begun to really see her as a person and I am excited/nervous/anxious/scared all at the same time. I hear it's normal to be a little antsy, so I think I'm alright, but wow. I'm just really starting to understand a small bit what we're actually doing. haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had somebody ask me when Kayd was 2 months old if I had any kids and I automatically responded "Nope." O wait...
You do get used to it and then you begin to realize (like I did today) that your thoughts are completely central to your kids and what they need. The first really is trippy though.
Hi Susie! I haven't blogged or checked blogs in over a month. I'm a slacker too! It is totally weird the first time, and like Jodi said, you get used to it. The first time I saw my first baby it was like something clicked into place and I suddenly understood what unconditional love was. That first moment is powerful and amazing. I love you guys and I'm so excited to meet my neice!
Post a Comment