Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Todd's post

The BEAUTIFUL ladies Bulloch, and me. 4th of July 2010 fireworks in Cedar City, UT. Stacy, Jodi, Mom, Todd, Steph. I love my sisters and mom so much.


San Diego Zoo, Todd, Autumn, my mommy. September 2010, in SD for Stacy's wedding.

My LOVES on Autumn's birth-day.


Todd and Autumn, SLC Temple Square, Summer 2010. Susie, Autumn, and I went and had a picnic there during my lunch break.



My dad spent a lot of time at our house this year because he was doing a lot of work in SLC area. This isn't the most flattering picture of my dad, but I think it says a lot about his character. Tired after a long days work, and loving snuggle time with Autumn and Schatzie.


As Susie knows, I typically wear my emotions on my sleeve. However, I don't think my family gets to see that very much. Losing family members during the last couple of years, in tragic ways, has made me love and appreciate my immediate family in ways I never thought I could. I feel that our family is extremely close and that makes my heart so happy. I feel like I grew closer to all of them this year in the following ways:
My Dad: I don't think there is a better example out there of hard work and compassion for others. Dad would literally do anything for anyone, at any given time. He is a perfect "Pa" to Autumn and has always been extremely supportive of me in everything I have done. I got to spend a lot of time with him this year as he stayed at our house while he worked in SLC. We were always excited when he was able to stay with us. I also get to go up to our cabin and mountain property near Cedar City with him quite a bit, mostly to do fence work. I so much look forward to those times and this year was no exception. Even though he is getting older and slower, I still can't keep up with him. The man is amazing.
My Mom: She has always been the spiritual rock in my life. This year I feel I have grown closer to her through her numerous visits to our house. I have seen the way she interacts with Autumn and how much she loves her, and it takes me back to when I was a kid. Although I don't think I knew it at the time, I know now how much she wanted the world for me. It has been fun to see her on facebook, and to have her interact with us and be a part of our lives from a distance. Autumn always talks about wanting to go to Mema's house. Anytime we drive for more than 20 minutes she thinks that is where we are. We drove down to the Provo/Orem area last Saturday and as we pulled off of the freeway, "I see Mema's house!" Thanks for everything Mom.
Steph: Having Stephy and her family so far away in Seattle has been rough on me. I hold a special place in my heart for her and her family. Susie, Autumn, and I were able to fly up there for a few days this year. We had some good times and made some awesome memories. Seattle is beautiful and Steph and DJ spoiled us.
Jodi: One of my favorite things about living in the SLC area is that I am so close my big sister Jodi and her family. She is gracious enough to invite us over quite frequently so we are able to spend time together. I am not so good at such invitations, so it is a good thing she is. Her kids are so stinkin' adorable and I get antsy to see them every time we are on our way over there. I think Jodi is an amazing mother to her kids, and I look up to her in a lot of ways. Steph, Jodi, and I (and Susie) had a bonding moment this year as we ran a 5K together over the July4th weekend. This will always be one of my favorite memories! Neither Jodi or I are really runners so it was a pretty big accomplishment for both of us.
Stacy: Stacy and I have always been very close. I think at times I may have been a little over-protective but it was all out of love. I had an amazing experience with Stacy this year. She got married in the San Diego temple in September, and she asked me to be one of the witnesses because my dad was unable to make it to the temple. This has become one of my most cherished experiences. I was so proud of Stacy that day because I knew how much she had sacrificed and how much she had been through to get to that point in her life. This also created an opportunity for a week vacation in beautiful, sunny, San Diego!
It has been an amazing year. I feel so very fortunate to have what I have. Susie and Autumn are my everything, and every moment I get to spend with them is so important to me. We have grown extremely close as a family this year and I am so happy.
I hope everyone has an amazing holiday season. Hold your loved ones close, help others as you can, and celebrate Christ. That is all that matters.


2 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh Todd, what a great tribute to your family. You're awesome.

Just Me said...

Awww! You made me cry. You are an amazing person and the best son any mother could ask for! I am so proud of the wonderful man you have become. You are such a good husband and father. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Love ya tons!
Mom