Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I always get so excited for Holidays because my Mom is the queen of celebrations. I grew up with that feeling of building anticipation especially around Thanksgiving because I knew that meant Christmas was coming soon. This year was no disappointment, but a lot of the excitement is for more than just Christmas.
In the next month we are changing our lives all around! Todd will no longer be a student, he will be a Masters degree holding super hero family provider!! Wahoo! I am so proud of him! He has worked so hard, especially this semester with the new baby and needy wife. He is my hero, no matter what he is always willing to go the extra mile and help out with the baby or around the house on top of holding down two jobs and finishing up his degree. Autumn and I both love him so much! As part of the next couple of weeks being crazy exciting because of graduation and Christmas, we are also moving to Salt Lake! Todd starts work in January and we are packing up stuff in preparation. We can't quite pack everything yet because we don't know how long it will be until we get into a house of our own.
We are lucky enough that my parents have a basement that we can camp out in for a month or so. Anyways, super exciting and I am so happy to get to move up closer to my Mom and the larger majority of my family. Todd is being a super trooper too considering he is leaving his hometown. I know it will be hard for him to leave, but luckily we both have family down here too so we have plenty of reasons to visit often.
Whew! That was a bit long, if you made it all the way down here, congrats! I shall reward you with adorable newer pictures of Autumn. Complete with Captions!
Also a quick thanks to Steph and DJ, thanksgiving dinner was amazing and delicious and I am still enjoying the turkey leftovers!

Here she is on Turkey Day. Completely out cold. This amazingly beautiful little girl is what I am most thankful for this year.
Here she is in her big girl outfit Grandma Jackie bought for her. She is finally starting to fit into her 0-3 month clothes so she pretty much has a whole new wardrobe now! I still had to roll the pants a little but she didn't notice.
Mommy and Me
How cute is this picture!! I love it when her eyes are open. She is really starting to smile and interact more this week.
And this is how we spend our afternoons while daddy is hard at work. haha. Group nap time.

4 comments:

Steph and Hunter said...

She is adorable! I am glad that you had a great Thanksgiving and that school will be over soon! YAHOO! Good luck with the move and new job!

Lindsay said...

She is beautiful! I'm glad things are going well for you and your family. It sounds like you have a lot to look forward to. Good Luck with you move.

Cowan Crew said...

She is so cute Susie! She has changed in the short time that we last saw her! We missed you guys on Thanksgiving...hopefully we will see you on Christmas Eve or before!

Cowan Family said...

Hey Susie,
We missed you on Thanksgiving. Autumn is so adorable. I can't wait for you to move here. It will be so fun!!